18 August 2010

Really?


A few weeks ago I acquired a snap in my wrist. After some experimentation I figured out that it only happened when I curled my index finger down to my palm. I was hoping that almost two weeks away from work would make it stop. Nope—no such luck. In fact, it's worse. So I broke down and went to the doctor today.

My doctor likes to torment me. She looked my wrist, grinned and promptly wrapped my index finger to my middle finger. Apparently I am suffering from trigger finger . . . in my wrist. Huh, not sure how that works. All I know is that it hurts. And shouldn't trigger finger be caused by some action involving firing guns? Or at the very least rubber bands?

It's taken me ten minutes to type this. I have no idea how I'm going to work tomorrow. Did I mention that the doc told me to wrap it up every day for 4 weeks? Good thing I finished the rough draft of my novel and am taking the month off. Wait, that's only 2 weeks.

Really?

4 comments:

Lace and Books said...

Hey, none of those gang signs!

-Jo- said...

Oh, you know me . . . a bad girl at heart

Jared Quan said...

This explains everything, your love of Trigun. Which by the way I am hopelessly into.... The released a brand new trigun movie in Japan, I am very excited about coming to the US. Maybe you shouldn't carry your desert eagle handgun around anymore... too tempting to shoot stuff and all.

Lisa Q said...

Good Chinese torture pose. I'm scared. :) Hope you get healing fast and feeling back to yourself.