07 October 2010

Four, no Six-Large Lads

There has been some drama at the dojo over the past month and a half. I think the drama is over (I hope it's over, I'm so helpless when it comes to drama . . . I get so dramatic) and now we've got random black belts from “Back in the Day” coming to class.

Not just any black belts, no. These guys (and gals) are ex-instructors. That means they played with the big boys and lived to tell the tale. I don't play with the big boys. I smile and wave and slowly inch away, not breaking eye contact and heading for the door, hoping a random white belt will come and distract them.

So now I feel like the baby black belt, because all of the other black belts in class (there were 5 of us tonight) have been instructors at one point or another. Being the baby black belt is okay until I have to perform techniques on these guys who are not only way better than me, but they're way bigger than me. The other ladies are little, I weigh the most by far, but the guys are all at least a foot taller than me and two of them are like walls with appendages. Big walls.

How do you toss a guy on the ground who is bigger, stronger and faster than you? I dunno, but I'm hoping the answer involves a sling shot and a moving vehicle.

This doesn't bode well for Ninja Wannabe.

1 comment:

Lace and Books said...

remember there is no secret ingredient. Just be the happy panda/dragon warrior that you are. Skadoosh!