16 June 2010

A Little Excited

I'm writing a novel. Perhaps I've mentioned that once (or twice) before. This is the first novel I've ever had more than an extremely vague outline for before I started. I actually spent almost a month trying to figure out a decent plot, along with all of the other bits and pieces that are supposed to go into the story.

My process is to simply write every day. My goal for this project is to type 2-3 pages a day. With that, I should make my estimated word count by the beginning of August, which is when I hope to be finished with round 1. But I'm off on a tangent again.

The reason I'm a little excited is because I just got to one of the cool parts of the story! This happened, that happened, some suspense, some action, a tiny bit of romance and the main character thinks she is about to die from poison when . . .when she finally finds out what is really going on!

Okay, that made no sense, but trust me, it was cool.

There, I feel better.

1 comment:

Melissa Lemon said...

Well, it made a little sense to me, but I've read some of it. I can't wait to read the whole thing.